What I’m working on right now
Have a nosey at my current shenanigans…
Last updated: May 2017
- Immisceo: Taken is out now in ebook and paperback on Amazon. This is the first book in a new fantasy series and I had so much fun writing it. (I’m a little bit in love with Nate — which is surely a bit weird on multiple levels, given that he’s my creation but ah, well.)
- I’m currently drafting the second book in the series, Immisceo: Undone. The rate at which I’m currently writing is so slow that the Christmas tree will likely be out before this next book is. But it IS underway and I’m clinging to that fact like a desperate woman.
- I’ve begun brainstorming for two new standalone books. I’m actually so excited about these that I’m finding it hard to keep my head in the game for my current project. The two new books are also fantasy; the first is a mermaid/siren/pirate combo and the second will have lots of phoenix magic. Will be posting more about that soon.
- I’ve gotten a lot of reading done this month. I read the Grisha trilogy by Leigh Bardugo, A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas, and The Scarlet Thread by Derek Murphy. I’ll be posting reviews on these soon so check them out here. The last two are both first books-in-series and I’m hoping to continue them all as soon as I can find a deeper pocket to dig into. 🙂
- Lastly, on the list of Things I’ve Been Doing… PROCRASTINATION. Yup. I got a fair bit of that done, too. It was so damn worth it though and I’ll tell you why in three words: Horizon Zero Dawn. If that means nothing to you, then you’re probably not a gamer. If you are, I highly recommend this PS4 action/adventure/sci-fi roleplay released in March. It has so much story and depth and beauty that I almost loathed the real world a little when I had to leave the game world behind.
Greetings from the other side of the world! I'm writing this from St Helena: a beautiful little dust-speck of an island in the South Atlantic, my birthplace and (not coincidentally) the setting for my first book, Blood's Veil. Ain't it pretty? Epic views aside, when I said back in February ... READ MORE
THOMAS WOLFE FAMOUSLY SAID: 'You can't go home again.' Of course, he meant that time and change doesn't allow for such nostalgia... but nevertheless, Mr Wolfe (you bloody know-it-all) we ARE going home... again. We are moving back to St Helena. In just a few days we will have (hopefully) ... READ MORE
The debate on the existence of writer’s block is as long as it is tedious. There are those who would argue that it's nothing more than an excuse for laziness but if you're a writer, you'll know these people and that statement are wrong. Yes, we all make excuses from ... READ MORE
We've seen them all, haven't we? I'd need as many hands as a centipede has legs to count how many writing tips I've encountered and pondered over. Some were helpful; others weren't. Most of what I know about writing I learnt from reading obsessively and spending an insane amount of ... READ MORE
Surprise! It's NOT an ode to Queen. It's another flaming list. I've said it a couple hundred times before and I'll say it a couple thousand times more: I love a good list. But you know what I love even more than lists? Books. I can't get enough of them ... READ MORE
Hello, Past Me. It's hard, isn't it? Life. Growing up. Discovering so many versions of yourself that you cannot fathom who you actually are. So, you took the easy route and have begun to reflect what you believe people want to see in you but these versions conflict with one ... READ MORE